1 medium onion diced
1 cup of quinoa rinsed and drained
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp of ginger minced
1 tsp of sesame seeds
1 3/4 cup of water or broth
1 cup of snow or sugar snap peas (about 8 ounces) stems removed and cut on the diagonal
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
2 tsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add the quinoa, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until quinoa is dry.
- Add the water or broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cover the pan, simmering for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and quickly remove the lid, adding the snow peas on top of the quinoa and replace lid. Let sit,undisturbed for 5 minutes. Then remove the lid and check to see if the quinoa is done. Each grain seed will have a little ring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with the sesame oil. Top the mixture with the toasted sesame seeds and serve hot or warm.