1 (10-pound) of smoked fully cooked shank portion ham half
1 (12-ounce) bottle of hard cider
1 cup of apple jelly
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce seeded and minced
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of grated lime zest
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
6 golden delicious apples cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Trim rind and excess fat from the ham leaving a 1/8-inch thick layer of fat. Place the ham in a Circulon 17x13-Inch Roaster and pour the hard cider over it. Bake the ham 45 minutes. Brush ham with pan juices and continue baking another hour, basting every 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine the jelly, chipotle and garlic powder in a Circulon 2-Qt Saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the zest.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Brush the ham with 1/2 of the jelly mixture and bake 15 minutes. Repeat with the remaining glaze and 15 minutes longer. Remove ham from the oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- For the apples, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a Circulon 12-Inch Skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the apples and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup and cook, tossing, 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the ham into thin slices and serve with the sautéed apples.