4 6 ounce of tuna steaks
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon of anchovy paste
1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes drained
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
1 tablespoon of capers
1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
1/4 cup of parsley chopped
- Sprinkle the tuna with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the garlic, anchovy paste, tomato, lemon juice, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium high. Sear it 2 minutes per side, or until cooked almost to desired degree of doneness (it will cook a little more as it sits).
- Remove the tuna from the skillet and add the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until the garlic is no longer raw and the tomato is heated through. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve each tuna steak with one-fourth of the puttanesca topping.