2 tbsp of Butter
3 Crisp fall seasonal apples peeled, cored and diced
2 tsp of Cinnamon Ground(separated)
1 Lemon zested and juiced
3 tbsp of Maple Syrup Grade B (separated)
1 4 oz pkg of Almonds Slivered
8 oz of Mascarpone cheese
12 2.5 oz of Tart shells such as Dufour Pastry Cups
For the Apple Filling
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, or on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees, until just golden brown
- Heat an open skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the apples and sauté until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and cinnamon. Add zest and juice from lemon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 2 tbsp grade B maple syrup, toss in with cooked apples to glaze.
For the DuFour Pastry Cups
- Bake to package directions.
For the Sweetened Mascarpone
- Mix 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp grade B maple syrup into 8 oz package of mascarpone.
- Put mascarpone in a re-sealable zipper storage bag and cut corner for piping.
- Fill tart shells half way with mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon the cooked spiced apple mixture into cups and top with slivered almonds