1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 medium of onion chopped
2 small of bell peppers chopped
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
2 garlic cloves peeled, minced
1 cup of quinoa rinsed, drained
1 cup of corn kernels fresh or frozen
1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 cup of water or vegetable broth
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro chopped + more for garnish
2 stalks of scallions chopped
1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a 12" stir fry pan over medium heat. Add in the onion, jalapeño, pepper, cumin, and coriander. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Give it a large stir.
- Pour in the liquid, put the lid on, and bring it to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20-23 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes or so and fluff with a fork. Right before serving stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Spoon the Mexican quinoa into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, and scallions. Serve with wedges of lime.