3/4 pound of beef sirloin cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 ripe of mango (about 1 lb.) or pear
1 large of Granny Smith or other tart apple
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons of plum sauce
1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1/4 cup of whole macadamia nuts or blanched almonds
1/2 fresh of red jalapeño chili sliced
1 tablespoon of oyster-flavored sauce
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add beef and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel mango and cut flesh from seed; cut flesh into 3/4-inch cubes. Peel and core apple; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place a Circulon wok over high heat until hot. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add beef and stir-fry until no longer pink, 1-1/2to 2 minutes. Remove meat and ginger from pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add mango, apple, and bell pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return meat to wok and add plum sauce, wine, and soy sauce; cook until heated through. Add nuts and mix well.
- Place on a serving plate and garnish with chili slices.