2 (1-inch thick each) of bone-in rib chops
1/2 pound of asparagus trimmed
1 teaspoon of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of garlic chopped
1 tablespoon of shallots chopped
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolve in 1 tablespoon of water
Marinade:2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder
1 teaspoon of garlic minced
1 teaspoon of shallot minced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add pork chops and turn to evenly coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours, turning pork occasionally.
- Heat a Circulon grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Place pork chops on grill pan. Cook until meat is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- To make glaze, heat a Circulon saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat bottom. Add garlic, shallot, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Add cornstarch solution; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- To serve, arrange pork chops and asparagus on a serving platter, pour glaze over chops and serve.