For the lime quinoa:
1 cup of quinoa dry, uncooked
1 lime zested and juiced
For the fatjita stir-fry:
3/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
3/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
2 chicken breast halves cut into strips
1/2 yellow onion julienned
3/4 cup of red bell pepper julienned
2 Roma tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup of parsley or cilantro leaves
- To make the Lime Quinoa: In a Circulon Ultimum Saucepan, cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Once the quinoa is cooked, add lime zest and juice and stir well. Set aside.
- To make the Fajita Stir Fry: Preheat you Circulon Ultimum Wok over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the spices (cumin, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika). Add olive oil and whisk well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the spice mixture. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add pepper and onion to the pan. Add more olive oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and stir together. Cook together for 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve over Lime Quinoa.