1 tablespoon of peanut or canola oil
2 garlic cloves of finely chopped
8 ounces of chicken breast chopped bit size
2 large of eggs boiled, peeled, and sliced in half
1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, chopped bite size
1 medium of onion sliced into half moons
2 cups of baby spinach roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon water
2 scallions finely chopped
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
For the black bean sauce: !!HEADER!!
3 tablespoons of black bean sauce
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1/4 cup of low sodium chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon of chili oil
- Mix all the ingredient for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- In a wok over medium high heat, add oil and chicken and cook for 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add bell peppers and onions to the wok and cook for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are tender but still yield a soft crunch.
- Return chicken to wok and add spinach and sauce. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and whisk in cornstarch and water mix. Stir until sauce thickens. Add eggs but do not stir (this is just to warm them up).
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate.
- Top with sesame seeds and scallions and serve with rice.