3/4 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 medium of red onion thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1 cup of grape tomatoes halved
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 (15 to 16-ounce) of refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
12-15 medium of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large Circulon nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add the grape tomatoes and cook until they are just wilted but still hold their shape, 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 13-inch diameter circle; transfer to sheet pan. Spread the cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Top with the onion mixture, taking care to distribute the tomatoes evenly.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the crust is browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Top with the basil leaves and cut into 8 slices to serve.