4 ounces of dried wide rice noodles
4 tablespoons of canola oil divided
1/2 teaspoon of mincd garlic
3 tablespoons of minced lemongrass
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 pound of chicken breast sliced thinly
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
1/2 cup of peanuts crushed
1 large of egg lightly beaten
1/2 cup of bean sprouts
1/2 cup of roughly chopped cilantro
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
- Soak wide rice noodles in a bowl of very warm (110°F) water until they're pliable but still rather firm, about 30 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a Circulon Symmetry stir fry on medium-high heat until it is smoking hot.
- Add the garlic, lemongrass, and carrots and stir fry for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken breast and stir fry for another minute.
- Add one tablespoon of canola oil, wide rice noodles, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and half of the crushed peanuts, and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Push the ingredients to the side of the skillet. Add one tablespoon of canola oil onto the center and add the egg. Scramble the egg lightly until set. Break the egg into pieces and mix with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the bean sprouts and cilantro. Toss and serve immediately.
- Garnish with the remaining crushed peanuts and more cilantro.