- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin seeds (from a large pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Tex-Mex Seasoning (Optional):
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle
Exotic Spice Seasoning (Optional):
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
Curried Seasoning (Optional):
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin pinch cayenne pepper
- Rinse seeds under cold water to remove pulp; drain well in a colander. Place a kitchen towel on a work surface and spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer. Top with a second towel and rub to dry (seeds will still feel slightly wet).
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and slightly puffed, 15-18 minutes. Stir in the salt and cook 30 seconds longer. Transfer to a bowl and cool before serving.
- For Flavorful Variation: Add a spice combination along with the salt just 30 seconds before taking the seeds out of the pan.