4 teaspoons of minced ginger
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of chili paste divided
1/2 cup of natural style peanut butter
1 cup of lower sodium nonfat chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 pound of linguine
2 red peppers cut in thin strips
1 pound of sugar snap peas trimmed
1 1/2 pound of medium shrimp peeled and de-veined
2 carrots shredded with a vegetable peeler
1/2 cup of cilantro chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until softened. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of the chili paste, peanut butter, chicken broth and salt and cook, stirring, until the peanut butter is dissolved. Simmer over low heat for 7 minutes, or until thick and smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in plenty of lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Just before draining, add the red pepper strips and sugar snaps to the pasta. Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Toss shrimp with remaining ¼ teaspoon of chili paste.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium high. Add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes per side, or until pink.
- Combine the shrimp, carrot, and cilantro with the pasta and toss thoroughly.