1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed
1 large of egg, whole
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate, scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Scoop and roll 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) balls of cookie dough in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet, leaving 2” between them.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about ½ inch thick, making a cross-hatch design on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until they are barely golden brown around edges; the tops won’t have browned. Remove from oven and cool on the cookie sheet.