1 pound of pappardelle pasta
1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 pound of Italian sausage cooked in advance and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
1/3 cup of heavy cream (or 1/2 cup for a creamier sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of parsley chopped
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the Italian sausage according to the package instructions. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Boil water in a large Circulon stockpot for the pasta. When the water comes to a rolling boil, add a tablespoon of salt.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al-dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Circulon 3-Qt. Saute Pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pre-cooked Italian sausage slices and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and then strain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the sausage and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the sauté pan and toss the pasta until the water is evaporated.
- Add the heavy cream and toss until the sauce thickens and begins to stick to the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.