For the rice:
1 package of saffron rice
3 tablespoons of butter
For the stir-fry:
1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 package of extra-firm tofu pressed and cubed
1 large of onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 large of zucchini chopped
1/2 summer squash chopped
2 carrots sliced
1 cup of chopped oyster mushrooms
3 tablespoons of garam masala
1 teaspoon of ground tumeric
1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon of flour
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 can (21 ounces) of diced tomatoes (not drained)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Bring 2 ½ cups of water to a rapid boil in a saucepan. Add the butter and saffron rice. Reduce to low and bring mixture to a simmer and cook until softened, about 22 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper together. Toss the tofu cubes with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Toss the tofu into the pan and bake for about 28 – 32 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil into a Circulon Momentum Stir Fry pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and carrots. Cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the tofu, remaining spice mixture, diced tomatoes and flour. Stir to coat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook about 5 more minutes. Add crushed red pepper and remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream. Serve the mixture in a bowl with the rice, cilantro and enjoy!