1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate has softened.
- Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and add the room temperature butter. Whisk until butter is melted and incorporated.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ganache and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours. Use immediately if glazing.