6 tablespoons of canola oil divided
8 (6-inch) of corn tortillas
1 (15-ounce) can of refried beans
1 cup of grape tomatoes halved
1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of salt divided
1 medium of onion thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves minced
3 cups of cooked shredded chicken
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce seeded and minced, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup of shredded colby and jack cheese blend
8 tablespoons of sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of the oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium. Working one at a time, add a tortilla to the skillet and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet covered with paper towels and let drain. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Keep warm in the oven.
- Heat the refried beans in a small saucepan over medium; keep warm.
- Combine the tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; reserve.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken, chipotle and adobo sauce and cook, stirring, until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- To assemble place tortillas on a work surface and spread each with some of the refried beans. Top with 1/4 cup lettuce, chicken, tomato mixture, cheese and sour cream.