3 tablespoons of cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt divided
1 medium of red onion halved through the root, and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons of olive oil divided
1 pound bag of fresh cauliflower crumbles
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper divided
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1 pound of ruby chard stems cut into 1/2-inch pieces, leaves cut into 2-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 Hass avocado peeled, pitted, diced
1 jalapeño sliced (if desired)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add the onions and toss to coat; let stand at least 30 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Circulon Elementum Skillet over medium. Add the cauliflower crumbles, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
- In another Circulon Elementum Skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the chopped chard stems and cook until slightly softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the chard leaves in batches, adding the next batch as the previous one wilts. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, a total of about 4 minutes. Season chard with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; transfer to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add the chicken and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, divide the cauliflower rice among 4 bowls. Top each with chard, chicken, pickled onions, avocado, and jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.