4 cups of all purpose flour
3 cups of granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of oil
4 large of eggs, whole
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of walnuts, toasted and chopped
3 cups of carrots, grated
2 8 ounce of cans pineapple, crushed and juices drained off
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter or oil baking pans, line bottom of pans with parchment paper; butter paper and dust baking pans with flour, tapping out any excess. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Wash and peel carrots, grate carrots or pulse in a food processor until chopped small-medium size resembling a medium sized grate.
- Toss grated carrots in the sifted dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together oil, eggs and vanilla. Add the pineapple and walnuts.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with a spatula. Bake at 325 degrees until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center, about 40-45 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before unmolding.
- To unmold, run a pairing knife around the edge of the cake to loosen cake sides, invert cake to release from pan. Cool completely before decorating.