2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1 lime cut into 8 wedges
2 tablespoons of olive oil plus more for the grill pan
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 chipotle chile from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 pound of flank steak
1 1/3 cups of white or brown rice
1 15-ounce can of black or pinto beans
1 cup of salsa
1 large avocado sliced
8 radishes sliced
Small sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish
4 corn or flour tortillas warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, soy sauce, chipotle, sugar, coriander, cumin, and garlic, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Transfer the mixture to a resealable bag, add the steak, and set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and allow to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium Circulon Elementum saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions. In a small saucepan, warm the beans in their liquid. Set the rice and beans aside, covered.
- Heat a large Circulon Elementum Grill Pan over medium heat and brush the grate with oil. Cook the steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside to rest 5 minutes.
- Arrange the rice in bowls. Thinly slice the steak and arrange it on top of the rice. Drain the beans and arrange them around the steak, along with the salsa, avocado, radishes, and lime wedges. Garnish with the cilantro and serve with the tortillas on the side.