2 Yukon gold potatoes
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
4 ounces of wild mushrooms
1/2 red onion
1 handful of mixed fresh herbs
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice the potatoes and place them in a nonstick saucepan of salted water to cover; boil the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Chop onion and fresh herbs.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Cook the onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the mushrooms start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and correct seasonings if necessary. Sauté to desired color and texture, and finish by stirring in the herbs.