1 shallot peeled
1 thick slice pancetta
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Maldon sea salt & black pepper to taste
1 bunch of spinach well washed
- Finely mince the shallot.
- Dice the pancetta and brown it in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté until golden and crispy.
- Make the dressing by first combining mustard with red wine vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing, and add salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing in to flavor the pancetta and shallots.
- Cut stems off the spinach.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted.