1 tablespoon of sesame oil
6 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger minced
1 Serrano pepper seeded and finely chopped
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
7 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons of sriracha sauce
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
2 1/2 pounds of chicken wings tips removed, split at the joint
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of canola oil
1. For the sauce heat the oil in a Circulon 2 Qt. saucepan over medium. Add the garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper; cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until starting to thicken slightly, 6 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch that has been dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water. Return mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, 1 minute. Keep warm.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
3. Toss the chicken wings in a large bowl with the flour to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a Circulon 12" stir fry over medium, until the oil is hot enough to brown a 1-inch bread cube in 40-45 seconds. Add half the chicken wings and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until the wings are golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven. Repeat with the remaining wings.
5. Transfer the wings to a large bowl, add the sauce and toss well to coat.