3/4 cup of pecans toasted
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup of unsalted butter room temperature
1 1/2 pounds of rhubarb stalks ends trimmed, cut into 1
2 cups of strawberries hulled and halved
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of sugar
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until they are small,1/4-inch pieces. Remove the nuts and reserve.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Add these dry ingredients and butter to the food processor and pulse until it just begins to hold together. Add the nuts and pulse 3 to 4 more times until mixed.
- In a bowl, toss together the rhubarb, strawberries, flour and sugar until well mixed.
- Place the fruit in a 2 to 2 1/2 qt. gratin dish and sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until a skewer inserted into the center goes in without any resistance, the top is golden and it is bubbling around the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon the crisp into individual dessert dishes and serve with ice cream.