1/2 cup of chopped onion
1-2 tbsp of olive oil or butter
3 1/2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup of minced cabbage
1 tbsp of dry white wine
1/3 cup of light ricotta cheese
1 tbsp of minced fresh parsley
Pepper to taste
8 cooked jumbo macaroni shells (cooked without salt or fat)
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 can of low-sodium chicken broth undiluted
1/8 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 can of tomato paste no-salt-added
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook onion in oil or butter until tender.
- Add spinach, cabbage, and wine; sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, parsley and pepper to taste; cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 2-1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture into each cooked macaroni shell. Arrange the shells in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine broth and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; spoon sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.