4 6-inch loaves of Medianoche bread French baguettes work as well
8 slices of roast pork
8 slices of Black Forest ham
8 slices of swiss cheese
4 tablespoons of mango mustard chutney
Mango Mustard Chutney: !!HEADER!!
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of Spanish onion diced
1/4 teaspoon of cumin ground
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup of mango fresh, peeled, diced
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
1/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Sriracha to taste
- Slice loaves in half lengthwise.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mango chutney on each half.
- Layer both sides with the Swiss cheese, then pork and finally ham. Top with the remaining bread.
- Heat grill pan on medium high heat.
- Spray pan liberally with cooking spray and place sandwiches in pan. Place Panini press on top and cook for three to four minutes or until toasted.
- Flip sandwiches over and repeat on the other side. Cut in half and serve.
- Mango Mustard Chutney: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and then add the next four ingredients. Sauté, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Add the mango and lemon juice, turn the heat to low and cook for fifteen minutes or until the mango has broken down to a consistency similar to chunky applesauce.
- Add the mustards and Sriracha, cook an additional five minutes and then allow chutney to cool.