2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of unsalted butter room temperature
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
2 large of eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, granulated sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Stir with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches between them.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes, center should still be very soft. These cookies over bake very easily. Remove from oven and cool on the cookie sheet.