1 cup of plain breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of fresh basil finely chopped
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme finely chopped
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of olive oil more as needed
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, basil, thyme and garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, crack the three eggs and then using a whisk, beat well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge each chicken breast first through the egg, then through the breadcrumb mixture. Carefully lay the chicken breast in the skillet. Avoid overcrowding the chicken, so it cooks evenly.
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil by placing chicken breasts on paper towels before serving.