5 limes divided
Grated zest of 1 lime
5 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
1/4 cup of olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 pounds of baby potatoes quartered
1 pound of asparagus trimmed
- Using a blender or food processor, place the juice four limes, lime zest, garlic cloves, salt, chili powder, fresh cilantro and half the olive oil. Begin to puree and slowly add in the remaining olive oil. Puree until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour the marinade in a bowl and place the chicken breast in the bowl; coating each side. Let it sit in the bowl while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, quarter the baby potatoes, and set to the side. Place the chicken breast on a Circulon 11x17 baking sheet. Do not discard the marinade. Add the quartered baby potatoes to the marinade bowl. Toss to coat potatoes then pour on the baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinade on top of the potatoes. Arrange so that the potatoes are sitting flat on the baking sheet. Cut the ends of the asparagus off and place on top of the potatoes. Rub the asparagus on top of the potatoes so that they have some of the olive oil coated on them. Make sure the tips have oil on them. Sprinkle with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes (uncovered) or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes are cooked
- Notes: *You can make the marinade ahead of time, place chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and let sit up to 24 hours. Remove the chicken and place on the baking sheet and place the potatoes in a ziplock bag. Mix well and place on a baking sheet. Or freeze the chicken plus marinade for up to 3 months, thaw in refrigerator and then cook. If doing this method you may have to add additional olive oil and lime juice to the marinade bag for the potatoes.