1 lb of baby artichokes
1 tbsp of butter
1 clove of garlic thinly sliced
extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fleur de sel & freshley ground pepper
- Squeeze one lemon into a bowl of water
- Trim tough outer leaves and tops of artichokes, and quarter lengthwise. As they are quartered, add them to the lemon water to preserve color.
- Blanch artichokes for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- While the artichokes are blanching, melt the butter in a nonstick skillet and sauté the garlic until it just starts to color.
- Drain the artichokes from the boiling water and add to the butter and garlic. Toss until golden brown and crispy, about 4 – 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.