1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 small red onion diced
4-5 garlic cloves chopped
1 medium red pepper chopped
15 ounce of can black beans drained & rinced
1/2 cup of sweet corn frozen, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/4 teapsoon of chipotle powder optional
1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste
1 1/4 cups of enchilada sauce store bought or homemade
5 6-inch corn tortillas roughly cut into 2x2 pieces
1 1/2 cups of Mexican cheese blend or cheese of choice
cilantro to garnish
jalapeños sliced to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the 10" Circulon skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the chopped red pepper, sweet potato, black beans and sweet corn followed by the ground cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle powder (optional), salt and mix until everything is well combined.
- Cover the skillet and cook the vegetables for around 5-6 minutes until done.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, mix, and add cut corn tortillas. Stir.
- Top with the cheese and then set heat to low. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it remain covered for 2 more minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sliced jalapeños!