20 round of potsticker wrappers
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2/3 cup of water
For the Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce:
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/4 cup of Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce
For the filling:
2 dried of black mushrooms
1 cup of shredded Napa cabbage
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 pound of ground pork or ground turkey
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of oyster-flavored sauce
- In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes; drain. Discard stems and coarsely chop caps.
- In a bowl, combine Napa cabbage and salt, toss well and set aside until cabbage wilts, about for 5 minutes. Squeeze out and discard excess water.
- Combine mushrooms and cabbage with remaining filling ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- To make each potsticker, place about a tablespoon of filling in center of a potsticker wrapper. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying. Brush edges of wrapper with a small amount of water, fold in half and press edges to seal. Set potsticker on work surface, seam side up, and press lightly to form a flat bottom.
- Heat a Circulon Symmetry skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add potstickers, seam side up, and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add water, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed, about 4 -5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve potstickers with spicy dipping sauce.