8 ounces of whole milk ricotta
2 tablespoons, plus more for garnish of fresh basil chopped
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 pound of uncooked pasta
5 tablespoons of olive oil
2 shallots peeled, sliced root to tip
1 tablespoon of garlic minced
3 cups of eggplant diced from 1 large eggplant
3 cups of cherry tomatoes halved
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups of fresh green beans trimmed
fresh oregano for serving
- Mix together ricotta, chopped basil and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a Circulon straining saucepan and salted water until just al dente. Drain; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Circulon sauté over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallots and garlic and cook until just soft, about 2 minutes. Add eggplant, half the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is browning and getting soft, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer half the veggie mixture to a blender with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt, and blend until smooth. Transfer back to the skillet.
- Turn heat to medium, add green beans and remaining fresh tomatoes, and cook until just heated through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately topped with ricotta and garnished with extra basil and oregano.