6 large of eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
2 Granny smith apples
1/2 fresh lemon
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 cinnamon stick
- Crack 6 large eggs into a bowl. Whisk together milk & eggs.
- Mix in flour, sugar & salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice apples into 1/4-inch slices.
- Squeeze lemon onto apples to prevent discoloration.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & place an oven-safe nonstick skillet in the oven to melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Remove the skillet from the oven once butter has melted and the pan is hot. Turn pan to distribute butter.
- Pour pancake mixture into the hot pan & bake for 20 minutes.
- In another nonstick skillet, melt brown sugar with remaining butter and sauté apples in the brown sugar mix.
- Cook apples until they are soft & caramelized.
- In a small nonstick pan, heat maple syrup with cinnamon stick, to infuse flavor.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and pour the caramelized apple on top of the pancakes.
- Serve with whipped cream & syrup.