3 cups of all purpose flour
2/3 cup of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 cup of oil
1 cup of coffee
1 cup of water
4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter or oil baking pan, line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter paper and dust baking pan with flour, tapping out any excess. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Combine oil, coffee, water, and vanilla.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the sifted dry mixture to the bowl, then add the wet ingredient mixture and mix on low to medium speed until combined. Scraping down bowl to insure no dry lumps remain on the bottom of the bowl.
- Once mixture is smooth and lump free, add the apple cider vinegar and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with a spatula. Bake at 325 degrees until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center, about 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before unmolding.
- To unmold, run a pairing knife around the edge of the cake to loosen cake sides, invert cake to release from pan. Cool completely before decorating.