1 cup of maple syrup
1 large of orange (zest of)
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 3/4 cup of buttermilk
2 large of eggs
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Softened unsalted butter for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Warm the maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest. Keep warm.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Heat a Circulon griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and the edges seem set, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer pancakes to a large baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, divide pancakes among 4 plates and top each with butter if desired and 1/4 cup maple syrup.