1.3 pounds of lean ground beef
1 pound of chuck roast cut into small cubes
1 onion small dice
1 cup of green and red bell pepper diced
1 jalapeño seeded and finely diced
1 (28-ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes
1 (8-ounce) can of tomato sauce
3 tablespoons of ancho chili powder
1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of oregano
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of parsley
1 (15.5-ounce) can of dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 (15.5-ounce) can of red beans drained and rinsed
1 (15.5-ounce) can of black beans drained and rinsed
sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese, fresh or pickled jalapeños
- In a 4.5 -quart Circulon® Innovatum Dutch Oven, on medium-high heat begin to cook the lean ground beef. Cook, by breaking apart with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes, then add in the cubed chuck roast. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to stir for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the diced onion, diced green and red bell pepper, and finely diced jalapeño. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined then add in the petit diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Mix the meat and sauce well and add in the spices; 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder, 1 tablespoon season salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Mix well, cover the Dutch oven with a lid and simmer on low, for 20 minutes (mix halfway through cooking time).
- Once vegetables are cooked and meat is tender add in the drained and rinsed beans; red kidney beans, red beans, and black beans. Mix well and cook for an additional 10 minutes on low.
- Place chili out for guest to enjoy as is or on top of hot dogs, nachos, French fries or even pasta. Don’t forget to add the toppings like sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese, and sliced jalapeños.