1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 large of egg, whole
1 -1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 -1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Line two ungreased cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the butter and sugar. Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- To pipe cookies: place a #7 star tip in a pastry bag and pipe 2.5-inch circles, leaving about 1 inch between circles, and create four staggered rows of three circles on each cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350° degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheets with a spatula and place on a cooling rack to let cool to room temperature. Allow the pans to cool completely before piping remaining cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Once cookies are cooled, pipe or dollop raspberry jam in the center of the circle on the cookie.