1 pound of pizza dough
1/2 pound of ground beef
1/4 cup of yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of tomato, chopped
2 artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup of Kalamata olives
1 tablespoon of capers drained, rinsed
1-2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1/3-1/2 cup of pizza sauce
1 cup of mozzarella cheese ,shredded
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
5 large of basil leaves thinly, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and prepare your Circulon nonstick baking sheet. Stretch out your dough to the sides of the pan and set aside.
- In a skillet, add ground beef and onion and place over medium high heat. Crumble the meat as it cooks and continue cooking just until browned. If the beef has a lot of fat in the pan drain it out leaving a tablespoon of fat.
- Add in garlic, chopped tomato, olives, capers, crushed red pepper, kosher salt and black pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the flavors have combined and the mixture is no longer thin or watery. This is your pizza topping so you don’t want it watery. Set aside the beef mixture when fully cooked.
- On your prepared pizza dough spread the bottom with desired amount of pizza sauce, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the pizza. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Top with beef mixture and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the crust is fully browned and cooked through and the top of the pizza is melted and brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and slice.