8 ounces of dried rice noodles
3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce
1-2 teaspoons of Sriracha
2 tablespoons of peanut oil divided
1 tablespoon of fresh garlic minced
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger minced
6-8 ounces of broccolini tough ends removed, halved crosswise
1/2 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
8 ounces of sirloin (or other tender cut) thinly sliced
2 green onions sliced diagonally, for serving
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Set wok (or large skillet) over high heat. When hot, add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat. Add the beef to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. The beef should be no longer pink on the outside. Transfer the beef and juices to a medium-sized bowl.
- Return the wok to heat and add 2 more teaspoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir or toss constantly until the onions begin to turn brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and continue cooking for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the broccolini and red pepper. Continue cooking, stirring or tossing constantly, until the broccolini is bright green and the red pepper is crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer the vegetable mixture to the bowl with the beef.
- Return the wok to heat and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the prepared noodles and cook, stirring or tossing constantly, for about 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, then add the beef and vegetables. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, tossing to coat everything with sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with green onions.