1 tablespoon of salted butter
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 pound (4 pieces) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts thin-sliced
1 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
4 slices (1 ounce) of Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
1/3 cup of basil leaves chiffonade
For the Glaze:
1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter and olive oil in Circulon nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika. Add to heated skillet and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add one slice of Mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard and ½ teaspoon pepper in a Circulon saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sauce to thicken, bringing just to a boil, then removing from heat.
- Add the cut grape tomatoes to the skillet in the oven, cooking for an additional two minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the tomatoes on top. Drizzle with the thickened balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with chiffonade basil leaves, serve immediately.