3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 large leeks white and light green parts only
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 32-ounce container of chicken or vegetable stock
28 ounces of frozen baby sweet peas
1/3 cup of packaged mint leaves roughly chopped
Crème Fraiche optional
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add unsalted butter.
- Once the butter is melted add leeks and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add in minced garlic, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Sauté for another minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and pour in chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a slight boil and stir in frozen peas.
- Let the peas cook for 2 minutes, stir in mint leaves and remove pan from the heat.
- Add half the pea mixture to the container of a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and pour into 3.5-quart saucepan. Puree remaining pea mixture following the same direction.
- Warm pea soup over medium low heat until hot.
- Enjoy plain or with a dollop of crème fraiche.