6 ounces (12 tablespoons) of unsalted butter softened
1 cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cup of sugar
Grated zest from 1 orange
2 large of eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups of old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups of flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 cup of milk chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Beat butter, sugars and orange zest until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop or spoon into 1 1/2 inch balls on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool and remove from baking sheets.