1 1/2 lbs of lamb filet or loin cut into small cubes
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of cumin
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 pita bread
1 cup of arugula
1 cup of parsley
1 cup of mint torn
12 Kalamata olives chopped
1 Persian cucumber (or 1/2 English) chopped
10 grape tomatoes halved
1 tsp of sumac optional
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon juice and grated zest
2 tbsp of plain yogurt
2 tbsp of goat or sheep feta
1 clove of garlic
- Place the lamb in a zip lock bag with the oil, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste), and massage well to cover all the meat. Set aside.
- Grill or bake the pita bread until golden and crisp. Let bread cool and then break into pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the remaining salad ingredients and set aside.
- Thread the lamb onto skewers and grill until cooked as desired.
- Just before serving, whisk or blend the dressing ingredients together. Add the bread to the salad and toss with half the dressing. Place in bowls or large cups. Top with the skewers and drizzle with the remaining dressing.