For the Sandwich:
1 large round loaf of rustic bread cut into 4 thick slices
1 ball of fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch thick
extra virgin olive oil
For the Tomato Salad Topping:
2 large tomatoes chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh basil chopped
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- For the Tomato Salad: mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to marinate a few minutes while sandwich is cooking.
- For the Sandwich: Heat a Circulon Innovatum Nonstick Skillet over medium heat. Evenly coat pan with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil on one side of all 4 slices of bread. Layer mozzarella rounds in an even layer on two of the slices. Top with the other two slices of bread oil side down.
- Place on the skillet and cook until sandwich is golden brown on bottom, about 2-4 minutes. Carefully flip sandwich and cook on other side until golden brown and cheese is melted through.
- Remove from heat and cut into bruschetta slices. Top each piece with tomato salad and serve with extra tomato on the side.